If you are looking for a cake recipe that does not require eggs, or baking, and which is also quick, you are at the right place. I come from a family where we do not use egg in cooking due to religious restrictions. One of my friends happened to tell me once about making a cake with Parle-G biscuits. I experimented by adding some more ingredients to it and it turned out to be a perfect Chocolate cake.
Once you have all the ingredients in hand, it takes exactly 7 minutes to make the cake!!
Equipment you will need: Microwave
Parle-G Biscuits (or any other glucose biscuits) – 1 packet (150gm)
Sugar (powdered) – ¾ cup
Cocoa powder – 3 Tbsp.
Milk – 1 ½ cup
Dry fruits (Almonds, dates, raisins) – 1 Tsp. each
Eno Salt (plain) – 1 sachet
Or you can use 1 Tsp. baking powder
Chocolate icing (optional) – As required
Butter – 1 Tsp (for greasing)
1. Grind 150 gm. of Parle-G biscuits (use the Rs.10 packet) to a fine powder.
2. Chop the dry fruits to smaller pieces.
3. Grease a micro wave bowl with a layer of butter in which you wish to make the cake.
4. Cake Mix: In another bowl, add biscuit powder, powdered sugar, cocoa powder, dry fruits, eno salt and mix.
5. Slowly add milk and keep mixing with the help of a fork or a whisk. Ensure that there are no lumps. Keep mixing till it reaches a pouring consistency like that of a batter.
6. Immediately transfer the cake mix into the greased micro wave bowl and ensure the batters spreads evenly. Cook on high in the microwave for 5 minutes.
7. To check if the cake is nicely cooked, put a fork through the cake, it should come out clean.
8. Un-mould the cake onto a plate. Once it cools, apply a layer of chocolate icing all around the cake. Decorate with almond flakes.
9. Refrigerate for some time so that it thickens and serve.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
If you want to make a healthy cake, skip the cocoa powder and chocolate icing. Add 2-3 drops of vanilla essence instead. It tastes just yummy as it is!!