Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Being a South Indian, I love papads, vadiyams, or any kind of chips with my week-end lunch. There’s nothing like munching on some crispy chips along with dal, sambar and rasam. When in the mood for some deep fried chips, why not go with banana chips instead of the dangerous potato chips 😉 !!
Raw Banana – 1
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – pinch
Chilli powder – as per taste
Oil – for deep frying
1. Peel the raw banana and slice into thin rings. I prefer using a slicer for this to get thin uniform slices.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Make sure the oil is at least 1 1/2 inch deep in the pan.
3. Once the oil is hot, slowly drop the banana slices (in batches). Using a slotted ladle keep turning them around and fry on both sides till they turn golden brown. Remove and place the fried chips on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
4. Once all the chips are fried, sprinkle salt, turmeric, chilli powder and gently toss for uniform mixing.
5. Serve on the side with sambar, dal or just mix with plain rice and enjoy!
6. You can store these chips for 2-3 days in an air-tight container.