Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
This is a quick dish which goes well with Parathas. The roasted flavour of brinjal/eggplant mixed with spiced-up curd gives a fresh distinct taste that everybody will fall in love with. This dish is found to help in boosting fertility and is recommended by health experts. Without further ado, lets see how to create it !!
Eggplant/ Brinjal – 1 big
Curd/ Yogurt – 2 cups
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Coriander – for garnishing
“Oil – 1 Tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Jeera – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Chana Dal – 1/2 tsp
Methi seeds – 1/4th tsp
Green chilli – 2-3 N0’s (chopped)
Hing – 1 sprinkle
1. Place the eggplant/brinjal on a stove burner and roast directly on medium flame.
2. Keep rotating the brinjal and ensure all sides are uniformly roasted till the brinjal becomes soft and the skin turns black.
3. Place the brinjal in a plate and let it cool.
4. Once the brinjal cools, peel the burnt skin and transfer into a bowl.
5. Mash the brinjal into small pieces with a knife or fork. Add curd, and all the other ingredients and mix well.
6. In a small kadai, add the seasoning ingredients in the given sequence and pour into the bowl. Garnish with coriander.
6. Serve with Roti/Paratha or steamed rice.