Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Moong Sprouts are the tastiest and most extensively used sprouts in India. These crunchy green sprouts are a rich in protein, carbohydrate, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron. You can use them in making salads, sandwiches, soups, curries, or even dosas. I just love them and use them very generously in my everyday cooking. Here’s an easy and tasty sandwich recipe using moong sprouts. Hope you like it !!
Whole Wheat bread – 4 slices
Moong sprouts – 1 cup
Tomato – 1
Onion – ½
Capsicum – ½
Carrot – 1
Red cabbage (or green) – ½ cup
Cilantro – 1 sprig
Jeera powder – ½ tsp
Dhania powder – ½ tsp
Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
Chaat powder – ½ tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 1 tsp
Tomato ketchup – 2 tsp
Oil – ½ tsp
Making the Stuffing:
1. Finely chop all the vegetables into small pieces and grate the carrot.
2. In a pan, add oil. Add onion, once it turns into golden yellow, add tomato, capsicum and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Next, add cabbage, sprouts, salt and cook under cover for 2-3 mins.
3. Add all the powders, mix well and let it cook for another 2 mins.
4. Turn off the stove. Once it cools, add lemon juice and tomato ketchup and mix.
Making the Sandwich:
1. Slightly toast the bread. Place the stuffing between 2 slices of bread and serve.
2. Alternatively, place the stuffing between two slices of bread and use a sandwich maker to toast the sandwich.
3. You can also use bread spreads like mint chutney/ tamarind chutney/ butter on the inner sides of the slices.
4. This can be served as a nutritious breakfast or healthy lunch/dinner.