Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
Corn Pakora or Corn Vada is an ideal snack when you are in mood for some crispy and crunchy hot fritters. These yummy pakoras go well with your evening cup of chai. These pakoras can be made with regular corn or sweet corn….. I prefer sweet corn as it is tastier !!
Sweet corn – 1 cup
Ginger – 1/2 inch
Green chilli – 1 or 2
Jeera powder – 1 tsp
Ajwain – 1/2 tsp
Rice flour – 1 tbsp
Corn flour – 1 tbsp
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil – for deep frying
1. Boil the sweet corn kernels till they are soft. If you are using frozen corn, defrost in a microwave.
2. Next grind the corn along with ginger, chillies and jeera powder into a coarse paste.
3. Transfer this paste into a mixing bowl. Add rest of ingredients and mix well to form a thick batter.
4. Make lemon size balls and flatten into patties between your palms.
5. Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Slowly drop the patties and fry on medium flame till both sides turn golden brown.
6. Sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot with tomato ketchup or green chutney.